This is not an adapted live brief but something that students learning graphic design might want to give a try. Sometimes when a client asks for a new logo design they are not sure if they want something new or an update on what they already have – a logo redesign.
Go to Google Images
Go to google images type in something like “shop logo” or any other logo you might be interested in eg. “football logo”, “guitar logo” etc.
Choose one of the logos you don’t like and that ideally has a website to go with it so you can read up about the company.
See if you can answer these questions:
- The company name as it should be used on the logo design
- Information about what the company does
- What do you like/dislike about the current logo
- Who are the competitors? (have a quick google search for this)
- “Look and feel” you think would be most approriate contemporary/traditional/brash/minimal/corporate/fun/
- The Target audience
- How/where will the logo be used?
This can form the basis of your brief.
Create 3 logo options:
1. One should be very close to the existing logo but refreshed/modernised using similar imagery if any (but better designed) and similar colours.
2. Another should retain some elements of the original logo, but further away than the first logo design
3. A totally new logo design