This is not an adapted live brief but something that students learning graphic design might want to give a try. Sometimes when a client asks for a new logo design they are not sure if they want something new or an update on what they already have – a logo redesign.
Go to Google Images
Go to google images type in something like “shop logo” or any other logo you might be interested in eg. “football logo”, “guitar logo” etc.
Choose one of the logos you don’t like and that ideally has a website to go with it so you can read up about the company.
See if you can answer these questions:
- The company name as it should be used on the logo design
- Information about what the company does
- What do you like/dislike about the current logo
- Who are the competitors? (have a quick google search for this)
- “Look and feel” you think would be most approriate contemporary/traditional/brash/minimal/corporate/fun/
- The Target audience
- How/where will the logo be used?
This can form the basis of your brief.
Create 3 logo options:
1. One should be very close to the existing logo but refreshed/modernised using similar imagery if any (but better designed) and similar colours.
2. Another should retain some elements of the original logo, but further away than the first logo design
3. A totally new logo design
Produce a new logo and folder design for an online Utility switching company “Switch-Your-GAS & ELECTRIC” offering a “PlatinumService” with additional benefits to their standard service.
Platinum Service should portray class and high quality. Minimal text 5 lines and 12 bullet points of benefits. Contact details on rear.
Print requirements A4 Folder printed full colour double sided on 350gsm gloss art, die cut and delivered to one Uk address.
This is based on a brief that I have worked on in the past – names etc have been changed. It may be used to practice logo design for students and new designers.
To develop a logo for Hadley Garden Centre.
A family company that goes back for many years, currently has a logo that is very dated would like a new logo. The existing logo is text placed in a green elipse.
- Position as Waitrose/BMW of the Garden Centres of good quality but not exclusive.
- They have very knowledgable staff a high number who have been there form many years and they would like to think their staff are proud to work for them.
- Want to avoid the cliche leaf image as they want to increase awareness of their non plant products such as giftware, furniture, kitchenware etc.
- Target market over 40’s.
Create 3 logo options – two colour only
One based on the ideas of text in an elipse (but fairly modern)
The other 2 options can go in any direction you feel appropriate to the market