I am a big fan of seeing how a designer goes through the design process, from planning and thinking to sketching, design concepts to finished design. I know from the feed back that some of you have given that you enjoy this type of post too. I would like to start showing some of your design case studies and have come up with a list of questions that will hopefully lead through the design process. If you have suggestions of anything that should be added please let me know.
If you would like to take part and show one of your design case studies, please cut and paste the questions below (feel free to add anything you feel is important) and email them with your answers along with images of the different stages – sketches/planning – initial concepts and finished work and a pic of yourself. You will get a link to your blog or website along with your case study and of course the chance to show off your design work 🙂 .
1. Your Name?
2. Your Location (City and Country)?
3. Your Website or Blog URL?
4. Project Title?
5. What was the brief?
6. What sort of research did you do?
7. How did you start? (eg. planning, brainstorming, sketching, moodboards etc) Please supply images of planning/sketching stage.
8. Where did your inspiration come from?
9. Where did you go from here? (talk through with client, work up visuals etc)
10. How did you present the concepts? What sort of feed back did you get from the client? Please supply images of concept stage
11. Where did the design project go from here?
12. What are your thoughts on the final design are you pleased with the outcome/anything you would like to change? Please supply images of the final design.
13. Any thing else you would like to add?