Is it just me that gets annoyed when buying design software?
- Why does it have to cost so much when if they sold it for a little less more people would buy it rather than copy it and pay nothing?
- Why does free and cheap software seem to come with far superior support than the software you need to sell your soul to buy? The best support I have ever received was for a small script I paid about £15 for, but I got little response on a Adobe forum when my new version of Photoshop kept crashing .
- Why do I pay nearly £1000 (Quark, Adobe Creative Suite) for software but they can’t throw in a printed manual.
- Why is the cost of the new upgrade on Adobe Creative Suite not that much cheaper than the offers for new users to buy it from scratch?
- If you are having problems with new software, why do software makers always blame it on other software, your system, clashing software etc, is it never a bug in their software?
What do you think?