2. My name: Lisa Simmonds
3. Company Name: LKS Designs
4. Web Address: www.lisasimmonds.moonfruit.co.uk
5. City, country – Based in Essex, UK
6. How you Start the Day – ie. Get up what time, travel?
I get up about 10am, one of the biggest perks of working from home!
7. First jobs – Then I immediately turn on my Mac and check my emails. After that I check Facebook (it’s not slacking – it’s networking!) Then back to the emails to reply to anything interesting and check on any jobs I might have been sent.
8. The rest of your work day – Then I make a cup of tea and start working. After that it depends on the amount of work I have. I either work on whatever project I have for the rest of the day or start looking for more work or prepare promotional material for events I have coming up. Today for example I worked on some book layouts, then started creating a flyer to advertise myself at a book fair I’m attending at the end of the month. At some point I break away from the computer to eat and maybe even pop to the shops!
9. Evening – In the evening I might still be working, or I might go to the cinema or theatre, see friends for coffee (or something stronger!), or just stay in and watch a film. Normally afterwards I’ll go back on the computer and do things like write this ’til 2 or 3am (it is now 3.20am!).
10. What you love about your job /course – I love that I can do what I like when I like. If I want to see friends in the afternoon and then work until 3am and get up at 11am – I can!
11. What you hate about your job /student life – I hate the fact that sometimes I don’t think I’ll get enough work to pay the bills.
To take part in – A day in the life, please read this post