2. My name: James Beresford
3. Company Name: Collaborative Thought
4. Web Address: www.collaborativethought.co.uk
5. Based in Truro, Cornwall, UK
6. How you Start the Day – ie. Get up what time, travel?
I start every day at 6:30am with a dawn jog , then hit the cereal and banana combo , then dressed and head off to the studio.
7. First jobs – My first jobs are to syphon through the junk mail, then to make the first pot of tea of the day.
8. The rest of your work day – Depends on what i’m doing. I could be designing a new pair of chino shorts or a 126 page brochure. My work is so diverse it’s a different day every day!
9. Evening – I dont finish in the studio til about 7pm. Evenings are a cross between sat on the sofa with my sketch book doodling / making the tea.
10. What you love about your job /course – I love the freedom of my job, the ability to do whatever you want, whenever you want ( in moderation of course ). The fact that every week can be different depending on what clients you are working with, is a massive thumbs up. It keeps your creative juices flowing and experience in every aspect of design.
11. What you hate about your job /student life – Absolutely Nothing ; I love my job and wouldn’t swap it for anything in the world. I took the very scary plunge of quitting full time employment to follow my dream and it has turned out to be the best decision of my life.
To take part in – A day in the life, please read this post